As a not-for-profit credit union, Clearview was founded to support the community and serve people within our field of membership.
We assist a variety of causes and groups that benefit our members’ communities while adhering to our Commitment Statement. These donations, events, resources and volunteer efforts are a huge part of our credit union’s culture, and we love to recognize the hard work of our employees whenever we can.
Since becoming a community-chartered credit union in 2004, Clearview employees have contributed over 44,000 hours of volunteering!
So far in 2017, we’ve been focusing on a few different initiatives:
- Quarterly Giving Program: Throughout the remainder of the first quarter of 2017, our employees are collecting used cell phones and chargers for a local crisis shelter. In April, we’ll begin collections for a new organization.
- Employee Casual Days: Our staff participates in a variety of Casual Friday opportunities, typically donating $5 to a designated charity. Recently, one of our casual days collected nearly $900 for Carol Glock’s Glock Foundation, whose mission is to raise funds to support breast cancer research, clinical trails, education, and patient care.
- Blood Drives: We host four blood drives per year at our Main Office in Moon Township, Pa., where employees and people from the community can donate blood. Our most recent drive took place in March.
- Food Pantry Volunteerism: We regularly send volunteers and donations to our local food pantries, and we’re continuing those efforts in 2017. Our employees take time from their work days to volunteer at nearby food pantries and unload delivery trucks, fill bags with food for clients and restock shelves.
- Friday Fish Fry Events: We’re spending our Fridays partnering with FROGGY Radio’s Danger Show this Spring to sample some of the best Lenten Fish Fry locations throughout Southwest PA. Our team is on site each week at a different fish fry with special offers on Clearview products and a free fishing game for attendees to win fun prizes.